Sunday 29 February 2004

Heavier than Heaven

MORPHEUS: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
NEO: No.
MORPHEUS: Why not?
NEO: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

How many of us are Neos here?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene II

This has got to be the lousiest mail I'll ever have written. I'm sorry.

Dear Friends,

Lemme first take you by surprise --> Happy Anniversary!!

Long ago, on a lonely evening I had written a small newsletter to half a dozen of my best buddies. Since that time I kept on adding all the interesting people I met in my daily life. Many mails got exchanged. Many stories, many experiences, many opinions, many confessions. For the first time in my life I started to empathize with numerous real life characters. Slowly, this casually initiated program transformed into a project of gargantuan importance in my life.

Yes, the beginning was small. But after one year, I'm proud to say that this group is a microcosm of my generation. Everyone's here - Students, Engineers, Doctors, MBAs, Research Scholars, Entrepreneurs, Commerce Grads, Writers, Software Professionals, Advertisers and even a Housewife!! Asking for more will make me a greedy person.

Majority of you are people who have grown up along with me in various hostels. We've shared books, jeans, ties, plates, boots, belts, socks....u name it. But at the same time, a good number of you have never even seen me. Never heard my voice. No handshakes ever. But that doesn't make us mysterious strangers. In fact it just goes to prove that despite our very distinct identities we all are the same at a very high plain. We all are a part of a wonderful Matrix. And this one is for REAL!!

May our tribe grow.

"
Phoolon ki har kali khushboo de aapko;
Suraj ki har kiran roshini de aapko.
Hum toh kuch dene ke kaabil nahi;
Dene wala har kushi de aapko.
"

~ Praveen/GP/Gattu/Jugs

PS: It took me quite a while to think of an appropriate subject to this mail. I finally gave it the name of a legend's biography. Ten years ago (1994), he had committed suicide. The legend was Kurt Cobain.

No comments:

Post a Comment