Saturday 20 December 2003

The Curry Story

Hey, I just realised that Einstein and I are distant cousins. My greatest grandfather(Adam) proposed Einstein's greatest grandmom(Eve) and the rest, for a change, is Biology (Reproduction & Organic Evolution) !!

Sorry for the PJ.

Ladies, Gentlemen and Vamsi,

How are you all? It's been really long since I hit my keyboard and I'm sorry for corrupting your peace now. On my end, life has been as it always was, mysterious. Wanted to keep updating you from time to time, but I preferred to stick to my values and remain a PERFECT lazy bug.

Books: Oh!! can I please borrow your hanky so I can hide my face? Read no book/novel at all. Was half way through Art Buchwald's 'Washington is Leaking' before I flung it out. However I've read lots of nice write-ups of some fine writers. I've identified a decent circle whose every release I just devour.

Movies: Another hopeless score! Missed all the movies I had been waiting for. But I saw KHNH, The Kid, Grimace.(Hey hows 'Kill Bill' ?). Will complete the pending list when I get free (that's an eternal self-consolation, in case you didn't know).

Southern Spice: I live in a crazy state I tell u. Four fools killed themselves fighting for the tickets of the latest Chiranjeevi film - Tagore. What's worse is that this actor gave 2 lakh to each of their families. Just a few days before that, about 25 fishermen/women/kids had lost their lives elsewhere when their boat capsized, and the govt had announced only Rs 50,000 each. How contemptible!! O God, plz wake up!! Anyway, I saw the film to cross-check its hype. It was exactly as I had predicted - mediocre.

Cooking/Food: It's official now. I've grown a little fat!! And I hate this fact every bit. But I hate jogging/gym even more.

Frankly, a part of the blame also goes to, with all due respects - my mom. She is that typical Indian mom who for the last 20 yrs has been asking me the same old question, "beta, ab nahi khaoge toh kab khaoge?". Anyway, after my mom joined me(about 4-5 months back), I've stopped going into the kitchen. So now, my kitchen has lost its erstwhile R&D status. Sad.

Outings: These are a little old. But unfortunately they are only ones I have worth mentioning.
1. If you care for your newspapers then you'd know that Hyderabad is trying hard for a F1 circuit berth. In that effort the city's first F1 club was launched at Bottles&Chimmneys(the newest overrated pub). Some kind bloke passed me an invitation and I jubilantly went there to watch the first F1 race of my life. How was it? Omigod!! What a bor..ing sport!!. It was so hard for me trying not to sleep in spite of the utter chaos all around. In my humble opinion Schumacher's fastest lap is not even half as exciting as Sachin 'The God' Tendulkar's simplest cover drive. F1 be dammed!!
2. Yaar, I never liked Bombay Vikings much. But when I had nothing better do, I decided to go to his show. Wow! That was the best evening I had this year so far. I think it helps to expect nothing and get surprised with all the things u normally like - small decent crowd, lakeside greenery, midnight boating, nice food and of course, cool LIVE music. We (Ashok and I) were among the first ones to reach (7-7:30 pm) and also among the last to move out (2 am). A KINGSIZE evening that was.

Work: I've just been shifted to a new project. I'd be working for Philip Morris (of Marlboro fame) for the next 2 months. No, that doesn't mean that I can provide Marlboro cigarettes to my friends. So please carry on with your Charminar brand. :)

That's it chaps!! My updates are over. Now it's your turn to flood my inbox. ATTACK!!.

And before I forget, Merry Christmas.

Regards,
~ Praveen/GP/Gattu/Jugs
I came .............I saw...................I dozzzzzzz...............


College Coolers:
Arey yaar, this is a fundoo anecdote. It happened in my friend's college (CBIT, Hyd). During Electronics Viva:

Prof: Tell me an application for p-n junction.
Chap: Transistor
Prof: Another application?
Chap: Another Transistor!

The Prof told him right there that he would fail him and like a true professional, kept his word.

Graffiti:
I can write epics, but as my fingers are not insured, I better stop. I wish to sign off paying tribute to a great hero who announced his retirement recently. Many months back I had read a few words that were so impressive that they still linger in my head. These are not remarks made by any great sportsman, legend .etc. Some common man said this:

"It's the qualifier for the World Cup semi-finals, and the World Champions are reeling at 48/3 chasing a mammoth 271. Defeat seems inevitable. Now, who do you want to see coming out from the pavilion?"

Long live Stephen Rudgor Waugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment