Friday 5 November 2004

Buried yet Alive

Remember me?

I know you must've hurled a thousand curses seeing my name in your inbox after ages. In fact this is my first mail to all my lovely ones in the last 3 months 2 weeks 5 days 7 hours 36 minutes and 44 seconds (APPROXIMATELY)......

Sorry yaar...I am extremely sorry for not being in touch in the last 2-3 months. Life has changed a lot. For better or worse? I donno :(

Our college fest got over yesterday. It was so hectic and charged up that now I'm lying in my bed with slight fever and cough.

The best part was the Quiz. The guy who organized it (Parnab Mukherjee) is one of the rarest gems I've met in my life. He is a journalist who is also heavily into theatre (top 15 in India). He claims to have interviewed people like Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro, Nelson Mandela among others. It seems he also won the Gold at the International Debating Contest at Princeton Univ.

The best thing about the bugger is his authority. He doesn’t use any paper, flashcard, material at all. Just takes the mike and starts asking hi-fi questions. There are rounds like "Anything under the Sun' where you can choose any topic of your choice and then he screws you on it. I MEAN IT. Anyways, finally IIM A won the first prize and walked away with Rs 50,000.

Digressing, MBA life is weird. We don’t read much, don’t play much, don’t freak out much. Yet, we are always busy. More mental than physical. Only God knows what's happening :(

Anyways, here are the collective updates for the last many months:

BAD & UGLY:

1. I screwed my exams. But that's no aberration. My acads have never made anyone jealous. I believe in spreading happiness.

2. My summer interviews did not go well. Felt horrible when most of my dream companies (Asian Paints, Coke) did not even shortlist me. Unfortunately for me FMCG companies prefer freshers for summers. Then I tried to crack Dr. Reddy’s Labs to be able to come to Hyderabad and meet my old friends. But even they did not shortlist me ;-(. Tomorrow Ernst&Young is coming. Let’s see what happens.
(Latest update: Got E&Y!! That makes mine one of the best placements of the batch)

4. Had a very ordinary birthday when all my friends forgot to wish me. Anyway, the good part is that now I don’t have to remember anybody's. Big relief to my elusive head!!

5. Lost the flair for writing. I consider this my greatest loss in recent times. In Hyd, I really used to enjoy writing. But now, as you can clearly see, I am struggling to frame sentences.

FINE & GOOD

1. Picked up some photography. Sending two pics I shot sometime back. They received good reviews here.

2. Have researched a lot in advertising. I also made some ads and posters which were big hit here. Attaching one with this mail.

3. I’ve lost 2 kgs.

Are you not tired reading? Well, I’m definitely tired typing this marathon mail.

Phir Milte Hain!!

~Gattu

MBA fundas:

If you can’t make it good, make it look good” - Bill Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment